I absolutely love reading graphic novels because there is so much more sensory input with the art. I recently picked up Shatter Warrior and was blown away! I loved so much about this book and I’m here to share a few reasons why you need to read it, whether you’re a graphic novel reader or not!
- Multi-faceted story with scifi and romance elements. I am such a sucker for a good romance story and I think everyone knows how much I love reading scifi. They were in perfect balance within the story.
- It’s a standalone! As a person who reads about a million ongoing series, having a standalone is refreshing.
- This book is gritty. This book does not shy away from violence, sex, and other human dynamics.
- Characters you’ll fall in love with. Colleen’s story is tragic and yet you know she’s going to fight this world with all she has for her lost niece.
- Art that is TO DIE FOR. Ohhhhh my gosh, Molly’s art is absolutely stunning. This is a graphic novel where the page layouts, colors, and facial expressions tell as much of the story as the words do.