- Take a slow breath. Continue slow breathing for 3 minutes.
- Drop your shoulders and do a gentle neck roll.
- State the emotions you’re feeling as words, e.g., “I feel angry and worried right now.” (Aloud but to yourself.)
- Put something that’s out of place in its place. (Physical order often helps us feel a sense of mental order.)
- Take a day trip somewhere with natural beauty.
- Ask yourself, “What’s the worst that could happen?” Then, ask yourself, “How would I cope if that happened?” Now answer those questions.
- Take a break from actively working on solving a problem and allow your mind to keep processing the problem in the background.
- Take a bath.
- Forgive yourself for not foreseeing a problem that occurred.
Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles Trilogy #1)
by Jodi Meadows
Expected publication: September 12th 2017
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Mira Minkoba is the Hopebearer. Since the day she was born, she’s been told she’s special. Important. Perfect. She’s known across the Fallen Isles not just for her beauty, but for the Mira Treaty named after her, a peace agreement which united the seven islands against their enemies on the mainland.
But Mira has never felt as perfect as everyone says. She counts compulsively. She struggles with crippling anxiety. And she’s far too interested in dragons for a girl of her station.
Then Mira discovers an explosive secret that challenges everything she and the Treaty stand for. Betrayed by the very people she spent her life serving, Mira is sentenced to the Pit–the deadliest prison in the Fallen Isles. There, a cruel guard would do anything to discover the secret she would die to protect.
No longer beholden to those who betrayed her, Mira must learn to survive on her own and unearth the dark truths about the Fallen Isles–and herself–before her very world begins to collapse.
US Amazon: https://goo.gl/yDH6Ru
UK Amazon: https://goo.gl/Ze1ZJ8
Barnes & Noble: https://goo.gl/mZCXJ3
Book Depository: https://goo.gl/FFxbdG
Monday 9/4 –TheLifeofABookNerdAddict – Guest Post
Monday 9/4 – TalesofTheRavenousreader– Creative Post
Tuesday 9/5 – BooksAndPrejudice – Review
Wednesday 9/6 – EaterofBooks – Interview
Thursday 9/7 – ForTheSakeofReading – Review
Friday 9/8 – ABackwardsStory– Guest Post
Monday 9/11 – thatartsyreadergirl.com -Review
Tuesday 9/12 – TheYABookTraveler -Review
Wednesday 9/13 – AThousandWordsAMillionBooks – Interview
Thursday 9/14 – BookCrush– Creative Post
Friday 9/15 – TheReaderAndTheChef– Review
Monday 9/18 – YAandWine – Review
Tuesday 9/19 – TakeMeAwayToAGreatRead – Creative Post
Wednesday 9/20 – AphonicSarah – Interview
Thursday 9/21 – TheKindredReader – Review
Friday 9/22 – ReadWriteLove28 – Excerpt
Friday 9/22 – LoveIsNotATriangle – Guest Post