The Glittering Court was the first book I formally reviewed here at Tales of the Ravenous Reader (and, honestly, the first book I really reviewed period) so it holds a special place in my heart. I’m thrilled today to be kicking off the Midnight Jewel tour by sharing why you need to catch up before tomorrow. Ok, not really but STILL!
5 Reasons to Catch Up on The Glittering Court Before Midnight Jewel
- Each story is self contained (stand alones in a series) BUT Mira (MC in Midnight Jewel) is introduced in The Glittering Court and is here to offer us a darker side of what happened in book 1. Almost feels like an unreliable narrator!
- The Glittering Court is set in an interesting world. It’s colonial but not? Richelle said it’s her world and she can do what she wants. Makes for an interesting setting.
- NOT a retelling. The market has been full of them. This isn’t one of them.
- It’s fantasy that non-fantasy readers can read. A series without a boring journey? SIGN ME UP.
- THAT HAPPILY EVER AFTER. Come on, you know I’m a sucker.
Are you picking it up? I am eagerly refreshing my Audible account, waiting!
A refugee of war, Mira was cast out of her home country and thrust into another, where the conditions were inhospitable at best. In a life-altering twist of fate, she is given the chance to escape once more, and she takes it, joining the Glittering Court.
Both a school and a business venture, the Glittering Court is designed to transform impoverished girls into upper-class ladies who appear destined for powerful and wealthy marriages in the New World. There, Mira finds herself subjected to persecution, not only from her fellow Glittering Court jewels, but from her suitors, as well—men she would potentially be expected to give her life to.
By day, she goes through the motions, learning the etiquette and customs that will help to earn her anonymity, even making a couple true friends in the process, the forthright ladies’ maid Adelaide and the ambitious laundress Tamsin. But by night, Mira hatches a different plan entirely—one that, if exposed, could get her hanged in the highest court of Adoria.
Follow the Tour
June 27 – Mundie Moms – Favorite Quotes from Midnight Jewel June 28 – Love Is Not A Triangle – Review June 29 – A Perfection Called Books – Midnight Jewel Mood Board & Review June 30 – BookCrushin – Top Leading Ladies Who Escaped Their Fates
July 3 – ButterMyBooks – Midnight Jewel Inspired Drink July 4 – Books, TV, & More… Oh My! – Female Royalty By Birthstone July 5 – A Page With A View – Midnight Jewel Photos & Review July 6 – Once Upon A Twilight – Top 5 Reasons to Read Midnight Jewel July 7 – YA Wednesdays – Couture Cloak & Dagger
Enter for a chance to win one (1) of five (5) copies of Midnight Jewel by Richelle Mead (ARV: $19.99 each).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter between 12:00 AM Eastern Time on June 26th, 2017 and 12:00 AM on July 17, 2017. Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 and older. Winners will be selected at random on or about July 21, 2017. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.